We have moved!

We have moved!

Friday, July 25, 2014

The Chicken Rice Chronicles Part 6: Fitra Chicken Rice

Well we're already at the end of Ramadhan and we've run out of special posts for the month so we've decided to release the next installment of The Chicken Rice Chronicles!

"Chicken Rice Chronicles? What the heck is that?"
If you're not sure what we're talking about, you might wanna read THIS first...

And this time we are at another reader-recommended Chicken Rice joint in the East this time!

Chicken Rice (4.50)
Fitra is located in Century Square's Food Junction now (I heard it used to be in the now closed Food Culture) and they serve all kinds of goodies like noodles and the likes. But some of our readers pointed out that the Chicken Rice at Fitra was worth checking out.

And since it's nearby for us, we decided to drop by after some shopping!


Maybe I'm just being fussy but I feel that the guy who cut up my chicken was lazy.
You may not be able to see it in the picture but there was still some parts of the chicken which I guess I don't normally get when I have Chicken Rice at other places. I'm talking about small things like the excess gristle etc.

I guess overall the chicken was quite tender but not as tender as some other places. I am basing this on a Roasted Chicken standard of course. Wasn't too fantastic taste-wise either.


Found the rice a tad dry. You can see from that picture how dry it is.
Not too bad when you eat it all at one go withe the chicken and the chilli though. Add some soup if you must!


Despite all that, I think I was most disappointed with the chilli.
If the chilli is goof, I think I could have been more forgiving with the chicken and the rice.

It was watery and I wasn't really enjoying it very much.
I'm a bit fan of the type of chilli which has quite a bit of vinegar in it but even that could not redeem this one. It does have a bit of a spicy kick to it which might be why some people like it I guess.

Adam's Verdict:
Chicken Rice 1.5/5


Unfortunately this was not the best of the series so fare...
Why oh why do the nice Chicken Rice joints always seem to be so far away!!

Oh well, maybe we'll have more luck next time.

Fitra Chicken Rice

Food Junction @ Century Square

#03-20/29

Tel: 6781 3114

Operating Hours:
10.30am til 9.30pm Daily

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you should try chicken rice at Hana Ayer Rajah. Me and hubby will ask for additional rice EACH, because the rice itself is fragrant and so sedap! yums!

    http://sg.openrice.com/singapore/restaurant/hana/1224/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do try the chix rice at Sinar Harapan Chinese Muslim food stall at Jurong West St 51! Me and family have been eating there for years... and I find the chicken rice there even better than Mackenzie Rex!! :) Their home made wantons are awesome too.. both the fried and boiled versions.

    https://foursquare.com/v/sinar-harapan-chinese-muslim-food/4bc937a40687ef3b2bb6d9cc

    ReplyDelete