We have moved!

We have moved!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sarpino's Pizza

So do you guys remember that write-up I did on RITE Pizza awhile back?
Well I finally got around to ordering another couple of pizzas.

So I remember Sarpino's Pizza being around for ages. In fact I think I even remember seeing it as far back as when I was kid! But I also remember it was not Halal. Well that seems to have all changed recently.
Not only has Sarpino's gone Halal, they're rapidly expanding their reach around Singapore's pizza lovers!

Let me start with the website.
I'm kinda impressed to be honest. This here is a website that gives you a proper viewing of what you're gonna be ordering and is super easy to navigate. The menus are sorted out for you and the types of pizzas are given a full ingredient run-down to make your decision-making easier.

Another bit of good news? Sarpino's also has a 'One for One' menu of pizzas.
The main difference compared to others - the one-for-one menu is slightly different from the ala-carte menu.
This means that you may see certain pizzas on the 'one-for-one' menu that will not be available ala-carte or listed under the 'Gourmet Special Pizza' section. From the looks of it, the more extravagant pizzas like 'Maui Luau' and Spicy Beef Twister' are Gourmet specials. Suffice it to say that the pizzas in the 'One-for-One' section are a little more on the simpler side.

But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Example? The Double Pepperoni is in the 'One for One' menu.

And speaking of Double Pepperoni...


Double Pepperoni Pizza

And that's a large size by the way.
And they aren't that stingy with the cheese as you can see so all you mice out there can rejoice!

I've taken quite a liking to Pepperoni pizzas in recent years and I guess this wasn't the worst I've had.
But then again I kinda expected a name like Sarpino's Pizzaria to pack a little more punch I guess.
Maybe a little (or A LOT) more pepperoni slices would have been (very very) nice.

PS doesn't that look a little burnt to you?


As you can see it's a actually quite solid slice of pizza.
As you can see, that's actually quite a lot of pepperoni.
As you can see, that's actually quite a lot of cheese.
As you can see, I obviously think that there can never be enough pepperoni and cheese on a pizza.

Okay lah maybe it's not the toppings.
I mean, the RITE Pizza we had had like so much less toppings compared to the Sarpino's.
But I still gave the RITE Pizza a high score because it was tasty. This one was just.. well...
Hmmmm...

Aloha Pizza

Oh and the 2nd 'One' from the 'One for One' deal we ordered was the Aloha Pizza which is just basically their version of the all-time favourite Hawaiian.

Come to think of it, the Hawaiian pizza seems to have lost its #1 position in terms of pizza rankings eh.
I remember in the past, when it came to pizza, COMFIRM PLUS CHOP got Hawaiian on the way.
Nowadays, it seems like people order Hawaiian if they have no other choice.
Or maybe it's just me.

And yes you are looking at the photo correctly.
It does look a little overly-burnt in some places. Don't get me wrong. I love a little charring.
But when you can taste the 'burnt' taste, something went wrong.

Maybe it was just our bad luck we got a batch of pizzas where the guy overshot the cooking time.
Oh well.

One final thing I'd like to point out please.


This was the underside of the top-half of the pizza box.
I (and I'm sure the rest of you will agree with me on this one) like my topping to be ON the pizza.
Not the pizza box.

So dear Sarpino's - I know you want to be different from the other pizza joints in Singapore...
But... this is the one thing that I think you should follow.

Makes a difference.
Trust me.

Adam's Verdict:
Double Pepperoni 2.5/5 -- Aloha 1.5/5

Maryah's Verdict:
Double Pepperoni 3.5/5 -- Aloha 2/5

Sarpino's is rapidly expanding.
They have small shops everywhere when you can have a sit down and a slice of pizza. And I even saw them set up a small stall during the recent Bazaar Geylang. Deliveries must be booming (my darling wife ordered 3 times already lah!)

Maybe next time I'll sit down and have a slice on-site.
I wouldn't mind trying their 5-Cheese pizza cos it looks good.

Sarpino's Pizzeria

Delivery Hotline: 6636 3636
www.sarpinos.sg
Please see website for outlet listing

Delivery Hours: 10am - 10pm

4 comments:

  1. Please kindly take note that the website has been changed to www.sarpinos.sg and the hotline is 6636 3636 for ordering Sarpino's Pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the update!
      Information on the blog has been corrected!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for updating the information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the taste of Italian pizza is one which is never forgettable, try pastafresca the Italian Restaurants Singapore for tasty Italian thin-crusted pizzas.

    ReplyDelete