We have moved!

We have moved!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Olivye - Gelato



You guys remember my previous post about HalalDeals.sg right?
Well one of the deals I purchased was for this place called Olivye.

I actually first spotted it when we went for supper at Mr Teh Tarik Cafe at Changi.
But of course, it was closed at that late hour of the night. Well it wasn't going to be closed this time because we're going for some Gelato!

So Olivye is this nice little cozy nook in the middle of Changi. In fact, it's just beside Mr Teh Tarik!
At first I thought it was just a gelato cafe but apparently they have a food menu too which apparently includes ribs! Something to try in the future!! And I've never come across a place that sells Halal Gelato so this was definitely something very unique.

But when it comes to the gelato, believe you me - they have a long list.
Check it out.

(image from website)

Okay so they won't have ALL the flavours at one go but they had at least 19 flavours on offer that night when we visited the cafe. So don't look at me because I had a hard enough time choosing just the few out of that long list okay.

Well the easiest way for me to classify the flavours is 1) fruity and 2) non-fruity.
We decided that were going to have two cups (with two flavours in each cup) so we had a good idea of what we might like.

We actually had the pleasure of meeting Mr Gregory when we visited.
He introduced himself as one of the siblings who proudly opened and operated Oliyve.
The Changi Village outlet was not the only one however. They also had smaller stalls at NIE and NTU which served mainly the food aspect of their menu.

Well on with the gelato!!!

There are a few choices for sizes...
Small ($3.00-$3.90), Medium ($4.50-$5.50) and  Large ($6.50-$7.50)
They also have take-away sizes by the way.

Strawberry & Salted Caramel

So for the non-fruity cup, we decided on Strawberry and Salted Caramel.
Yeah yeah I know you think it's boring but I like it okay.

The Strawberry was delicious I have to say. It was very smooth and not too sweet.
But for the Salted Caramel, I can't put my finger on it but I found that something was amiss.
Maybe I was basing my taste on my previous encounters with Salted Caramel so I didn't really like this one because it tasted different. Kind of like a burnt taste you know what I mean?

Chempedak & Melon

We were so busy with the other cup we neglected this one and it started melting!!
But this fruity cup was the bomb.

The Chempedak and the Melon gelato had such a natural fruit flavour.
It was not overpowering or anything but once you taste it you know that it's the real deal.

And we didn't select the flavour but Mr Gregory gave us a sampling of the Durian flavour...
And we immediately regretted not choosing the Durian... It tasted like the real thing!
Next time it's a must!

Adam's Verdict:
Strawberry 3/5 -- Salted Caramel 1.5/5 -- Melon 3.5/5 -- Chempedak 3/5


Maryah's Verdict:
Strawberry 3/5 -- Salted Caramel 2.5/5 -- Melon 4/5 -- Chempedak 4.5/5


So the next time you want some place to relax and have some gelato with some buddies after makan (or in fact you can even makan there) check out Olivye.

PS they also have an ice-cream buffet on weekends! Check it out!

Olivye

Blk 5 Changi Village Road #01-2009
Tel: 6543 9518
www.olivye.com

Operating Hours:
11.30am til 9.30pm Daily 

5 comments:

  1. Will the Chempedak gelato cure my cough?
    hehehe *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice info about gelato.
    I bought a small cup gelato with don vito and straciatella flavor at il gelato de bruno in Sentosa. Do you know is it halal or not? I was too excited about gelato. Too late to ask the seller, I wonder whether it is halal after I ate it :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too sure about the one in Sentosa but this one is deifnitely Halal!
      Check it out! I recommend the Durian :P

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hani!
      Guess you saw the prices in the post yes? :)
      Just in case - Small ($3.00-$3.90), Medium ($4.50-$5.50) and Large ($6.50-$7.50)

      Let us know if you visit Olivye okay! :)

      Delete