We have moved!

We have moved!

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Badoque Part II

Okay so I'm sure you all remember our first visit to Badoque right?
After so long talking about it, we finally made our way there but I guess a lot of you were still expecting us to try dishes that might be considered their 'signature' dishes?

Well, we went back. And we did.

Badoque Beef Ribs ($28.00)
Oh yeah. We decided to try the "Daging Gedegak" as they affectionately refer to it. Seen so many Instagram pictures of people holding up what seemed to be dinosaur bones and we finally had one in front of us!

Firstly, let me confirm that the Beef Ribs are as big as they look like in the picture. In fact, they look bigger in person! *GULP*


And we are talking about the real deal here. No pussyfooting around here. It's a huge chunk of meat still on bone and smoking hot waiting to be devoured. It's actually pretty intimidating LOL
Heard a few friends say they tried before and could not finish and I can see why.

It's predominantly a BBQ-sauce flavour because that's what the sauce is but beef ribs are definitely power when it's BBQ right. And you get a nice serving of roasted seasonal vegetables (which you might not be able to finish) but I have seen some shots where the ribs are served with some potato fores instead. Oh and there's a salad too. But I'm guessing you'll be concentrating on finishing the meat first!


If you're in the mood for a fiesta of meat on your plate, then look no further. This is probably the best beef ribs I've had in Singapore so far and so worth the price. If it's too much, then share it between two people also can should be just nice.

Don't think I need to remind you guys to skip lunch if you're planning to have this for dinner right?

Naughty Mojito ($7.50)
I was actually planning to have the famous Iced Salted Caramel since I enjoyed it so much the last time but I saw something on their daily menu board which caught my eye...

A mocktail called the Naughty Mojito sounded nice and refreshing. Nothing like a nice lime icy drink to wash down my maximum beef ribs experience right?


Well it's definitely got a strong lime flavour so if you like your drinks like Calamansi and the likes then you're definitely gonna enjoy this. A nice cool beverage! Not as naughty as the name implies but definitely something to try if you're looking for a drink to perk up your tastebuds.

Adam's Verdict:
Badoque Beef Ribs 4.5/5 -- Naughty Mojito 3/5


Well, so far it seems like everything I've tried so far at Badoque has gone down really well. And the best thing is there are still so many more dishes that seem like the bomb! I guess more visits are in order and I've gotta try really hard to resist the Badoque Beef Ribs if I want to have any chance of trying other stuff on the menu.

PS the staff are still super friendly!

Badoque

298 Bedok Road (Simpang Bedok)


Tel: 64466928
www.facebook.com/badoquecafeSG

Operating Hours:
12pm to 10pm Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment