We have moved!

We have moved!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

S.K. Connection - Bakso

Is it finally time for the review on the S.K. Connection Ayam Penyet?
Errr... sorry folks. Gotta wait a little longer.

Last time I covered the Lontong and now I'm moving on to the Bakso.

The Bakso isn't actually even a permanent item on the menu. It's actually a daily special which sometimes appears on the menu like some of their other daily specials like Nasi Briyani and Kachang Phool.
In fact, I chanced upon it when I headed there to have Ayam Penyet but seeing it on the menu kinda tickled my fancy. Kinda reminded me of having Bakso in Jakarta, Bali and Bandung.

I couldn't resist!

Bakso ($3.00)
Hmmmmm... maybe I should have stuck to my guns with the Ayam Penyet.

It actually looks pretty nice in the picture doesn't it?
Unfortunately I was not expecting the yellow noodles there. I was actually expecting those instant noodle type deals which you'd normally get with Bakso.

The soup was kinda bland and not much taste at all.
The beef balls were actually not bad and probably the only thing in the bowl that I finished.
That and the green leafy vegetable.

Adam's Verdict:
Bakso 1.5/5

And that's completely for the beef balls. I guess the idea is there but execution not quite. Maybe because I was expecting too much?

Remember when I said "I couldn't resist!"? I think I need to work a bit more on my resistance power.


S.K. Connection

Blk 36 Chai Chee Avenue
#01-169

Tel: 9824 7500

Operating Hours:
6.30am til 5.00pm Mondays til Saturdays
Closed on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment