We have moved!

We have moved!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Khan Saab Restaurant - Mee Goreng

You guys remember our post on Khan Saab right? The Quest for Briyani remember?
Well, as promised, decided to try something different this time.

Mee Goreng ($3.00)
The best Mee Goreng I've ever had is the one from KS Seeni all the way at Ayer Rajah and Saffron is a very close second place (because it's so much closer). So I do tend to try and order Mee Goreng when I run out of ideas in the hopes that I'll stumble upon the next great plate.

The Mee Goreng at Khan Saab is not bad but unfortunately not great either. I mean, it's a decent plate of Mee Goreng but tends to be a little heavy on the MSG sometimes. Maybe it's a different frying up the noodles whenever I visit because it's never consistent. I've also tried the Maggi Mee Goreng version and it seems to come up similar for me.

I always order up the 'Goreng Basah' style because that's the way I like it. Squeeze the provided lime over the noodles and you're good to go. And I keep going until the MSG overwhelms me. Oh well.

Adam's Verdict:
Mee Goreng 2/5


Hopefully the luck is good and you get the guy who fries it up nicely instead of the guy who probably has some stock in the Ajinomoto company. LOL

Khan Saab Restaurant

Blk 55 Chai Chee Drive
#01-186

Tel: 6244 4430

Operating Hours:
24 hours Daily

2 comments:

  1. Psssst...have you guys tried Hasbawa at Marine Parade Food Centre? You shoukd try their Mee campur Mee hoon goreng pedas giler...Yumm Meey. Well to me at least ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah when you say Pedas Giler... you're really testing us! LOL Insya Allah can visit there soon!
      Thanks for the tip!

      Delete