We have moved!

We have moved!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Swensen's - Soups & Salad

Don't ask us why but this post is all about soup and salad at Swensen's

Caesar Salad with Smoked Salmon ($12.50)
I guess it all started when I felt like having, of all things, a Caesar Salad.
It's not that I don't like salad or veggies. I guess that for a meat eater like me, salad is normally on the side and not really the main dish.

Well the Caesar Salad at Swensen's can definitely be the main dish on its own.
The dish it comes in is enormous with extra large utensils for tossing too!

The lettuce was extra crisp and the egg, cheese and croutons really go well together. Plus we all know what a sucker I am for smoked salmon so that was definitely a winner.

And the Caesar Salad dressing comes separately so you can choose how much you want to add. Awwww... Swensen's is so considerate!
By the way, the sauce was delicious so you'll probably end up using all of it anyways.


You can also have the version with Breaded Chicken or Fish ($12.00) or if you're feeling like a rabbit that day, you can always have the plain Caesar Salad ($10.00). No prizes for guessing which one I strongly recommend (Pssst it's the ssssmoked ssssalmon...)

Clam Chowder ($9.40)
Something I order often (more often than the salad) at Swensen's is the Clam Chowder.

I just find it so hearty and warm plus I really like Clam Chowder. Just so happens that they make a pretty good one at Swensen's! Doesn't that look so inviting or is it just me??

The chowder is nice and thick and creamy. The clam flavour is just right and it's not too overwhelming but if you'd like you can always add a nice big dash of pepper no problem. I've a feeling that once you take your first spoon, you're going to keep going until it's all gone.

The Clam Chowder is served in a Sourdough bread bowl. This means that you have some bread to dip into your chowder and you can even EAT THE BOWL too!

SERIOUSLY!! NO JOKE!!!
Well, I'm gonna stop talking about the Clam Chowder because it's making me feel like having one right now.
Let's move along shall we?

Creamy Mushroom Soup ($9.40)
Looking for something a little bit more classic?
Well, you can't get more classic than a creamy mushroom soup am I right?

This isn't exactly the stuff you get out of a Campbell's can I confirm that for you first of all.
This is a really good tasting soup which is nice and rich and has a very strong mushroom flavour.
It's served in a Sourdough bread bowl just like the Clam Chowder so you're all set to get filled up!

My Sister-In-Law even goes as far as to say this is the "best mushroom soup" she's ever had!

Adam's Verdict:
Caesar Salad with Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 -- Clam Chowder 4/5

Azlan's Verdict:
Creamy Mushroom Soup 3/5

Eriyana's Verdict:
Creamy Mushroom Soup 5/5

So this post is only about a salad and some soups but you can see that even without the main dish, it could very well be more than enough to fill you up!

Swensen's

Changi Airport Terminal 2
Mezzanine Level, Arrival Hall North,

Tel: 6542 8219
http://www.swensens.com.sg

Operating Hours: 24 Hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment