We have moved!

We have moved!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Saffrons Cafeteria - Mee Kuah

I know Saffron is a big favourite with the crowds.
Prata is always the bomb here. Mee Goreng is always able to satisfy. Briyani and Nasi Campur is top notch.
But one thing I've always wanted to try was the Mee Kuah.

Never really got the chance because we always end up ordering Mee Goreng or Prata when I go with my darling wife. So when I visited with my 2 bros-in-law, we ended up as 3 guys with Mee Kuah.

Mee Kuah ($4.00)
I've heard people mention the Mee Kuah at Saffron to me before and the response was always the same...
"Not bad but I've had better."

I think the main reason for this is the gravy itself.
Mee Kuah is supposed to pack a punch through its gravy which is a melting pot of spices and pepper and whatever else goodness they throw in there. You can expect the noodles to give it any kick right?

In this case, the kuah definitely has taste but seems to lack a strong flavour. I mean, it's definitely spicy but I guess that you'd expect a more tasty gravy. I've had Mee Kuah where it's not just the spice that gets you but you can really taste the different spices that make up the complex and mysterious flavour.

And if that's not enough, the gravy is actually pretty watery. Not that bad but maybe that plays a part in the lack of flavour?

And by the way, if you've got a big appetite for the noodles, the serving of noodles is pretty small you might wanna ask for extra if you're feeling really hungry.... But if you're like me and not really after the noodles then don't worry - the kuah will keep you company.

Adam's Verdict:
Mee Kuah 2.5/5

Razali's Verdict:
Mee Kuah 3/5

Azim's Verdict:
Mee Kuah 3.5/5

I guess the Mee Kuah is not that bad but when I go back to Saffron, I'm probably going to order the Mee Goreng or some good old Prata.

Saffrons Cafeteria

Blk 201D Tampines Street 21
#01-1163

Tel: 6787 6010
www.facebook.com/SaffronsCafeteria

Operating Hours: 24 hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment