We have moved!

We have moved!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sri Kamala Vilas Restaurant Part II

So you guys remember the first visit to Sri Kamala Vilas?

Well we found out that the thosai was absolutely the bomb there but people kept insisting that we tyr the supposedly delicious Chicken Masala. Sure or not??? Well obviously gotta go back and try right?
And this time I brought the family.

So my darling wife and I brought Mum, Dad and my brother to try it out.
(Don't worry Yana we will go back again okay!)

Well anyways I'm not gonna be posting much about the thosai because we already went that route in the first review of Sri Kamala Vilas.

I had the Ghee Masala Paper Thosai again of course. Mum had a Paper Masala Thosai and she says it was "nice" and she agreed with the original review that the Masala in the thosai is really good cos its creamy. Dad had a normal Thosai and says that "all Thosai tastes the same lah" (but I saw him take second helping of the sambar!) and my brother had a Ghee Masala Thosai. He actually seems the most enthusiastic and said that "it rocks". Safe to say - they all enjoyed the Thosai too.

But, the actual reason we came back was not for the Thosai...
After my last post, I received a few messages telling me to try the Chicken Masala there. I'll be honest and say that Chicken Masala is never even on my mind when I go and eat at this kind of place. Come to think I won't even mention Chicken Masala because... well... it's nothing special to me...
So my darling wife took the plunge.


 Chicken Masala Briyani ($6.70)

So that's a pretty big serving of briyani I can tell you. It's just nice for one if you're hungry but I reckon 2 could probably share it. And at first glance I guess you would probably assume it's your normal run-of-the-mill briyani. I mean, this place is known for its thosai and not its briyani right?

And I guess it wasn't so bad. Rice wasn't as tasty as some places I've been. The usual raita and pappadum.
The dalcha was okay as well but nothing special I'd say. I do however wish they'd use a different achar pickle. This one didn't really have any kick.

But I say again... we did not come back for the thosai. Nor the briyani...

Chicken Masala

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. This is what we came to try.
So many people recommended this exact dish here. So it must be damn good right...

Like I said, I'm not really the type to go crazy for Chicken Masala when we go out to eat.
I mean how good can it be right? Well.........

THIS WAS THE BOMB!!

Okay lah don't say the chicken or whatever lah (because everyone has their own preference on how they like their chicken) but I'm talking about the masala!! OMG!! It's damn nice lah. In fact it was so nice that even after we were done eating I was still dipping my fingers into the masala and eating it on its own. No more rice no more thosai no more chicken. I was just eating the Masala on its own!

It's got a very good taste. Super tasty.
And I think the best part is probably the fact that it's spicy but it doesn't burn your mouth or put you off the dish. It's the right amount of spice to make you keep going back for more and more and more.

Whoever recommended for me to go back and try this - THANK YOU!

Adam's Verdict:
Chicken Masala 5/5

Maryah's Verdict:
Chicken Masala Briyani 4/5

Azlan's Verdict:
Ghee Masala Thosai 5/5

Dad's Verdict:
Thosai 2/5

Mum's Verdict:
Paper Masala Thosai 3/5

So there you have it.
So many more things to have at Sri Kamala Vilas but I actually have a strong feeling that when we go back we will probably have the Thosai and Chicken Masala again!


Sri Kamala Vilas Restaurant

Blk 662 Buffalo Road
#01-16 (Opposite Tekka Market)

Operating Hours: 8.30am til 9.00pm daily






================================================
Updated 7 May 2013

Well it's looks like Sri Kamala Vilas has undergone a slight makeover!


They have renamed themselves to a simpler 'Kamala Restaurant'.
Not to worry, it's still at the same location. They've just done some minor renovations to clean up the place and make it a little more roomy.

And in case you were wondering, it's still Halal and the prices are still the same :)
In fact, I had another Ghee Masala Paper Thosai today and it seemed a little bigger! An absolute monster!

So head down soon and don't be shocked to see the new decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment